2017-08-28 / MP3 [79.8MB; 54m 3s]
David, Jen, Mark, Megan, and Stuart present Seldom Sirius. Episode fourteen in which the Universe is not a computer game.
In this episode, the team think out loud about the effect that a planet's properties has on the lifeforms that could inhabit it and the subsequent possibility of space travel, and give their predictions for the most exciting discovery in astronomy in the next decade.
- Detecting gravitational waves with pulsars
- Square Kilometer Array radio telescope
- James Webb Space Telescope
- Large Synoptic Survey Telescope
- Jen's rant about Earth-like planets
- Sir Bernard talking about the work that led to the discovery of quasars
- Ian Morison (person)
- ianmorison (minor planet)
|Not a sentient radio packet:||Jen Gupta|
|Mission patch image:||An Artist's impression of a crewed exploration mission to Venus. / CREDIT: NASA|